Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mid-January

Wow, it has been warm.
On a whim, I planted a cold frame full of lettuce, beets, turnips, radishes, and carrots on the day after Christmas.
Who does that on nearly the shortest day of the year? An absolute optimist, that is who...

In any event nothing happened until today, and I went out, saw nothing and splashed water in where the 'rows' should have been. Then I noticed the amazing little plants.
Of course the water messed up my tidy little rows...(and I do mean tiny). Turns out the little seeds grow VERY slowly, but I will try to get a picture in here showing the little plants if they survive that long.
We need to do some bottling in the winery, and can't blame the weather...just have had a couple of colds.
Will update when the bottling begins....

No comments: